- Pre-owned (used) vehicles only.
- Vehicle must be a Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) or Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV).
- Vehicle can be purchased or leased.
- Vehicle must remain registered to you in California for a minimum of 20 months.
- Vehicle must be currently registered to your SCE residential service address.
- All eligible vehicles may receive a maximum of three (3) rebates from SCE programs, including the SCE Pre-Owned EV Rebate and the SCE Clean Fuel Reward Program.
- Vehicle must be listed on the HOV Eligibility List at the time of purchase.
- Your application must be successfully submitted within 180 days of the date of EV purchase or lease.
- You must be an active SCE residential customer; the service account does not have to be in your name to apply.
- Effective 12/2/2021, eligible applicants can receive a maximum of three rebates.
- Each owner or lessee, including co-owners and co-lessees, may only receive one rebate per eligible vehicle.
- A household, defined as the same residential service address, may not submit more than three rebate applications per calendar year.
REBATE PLUS OPTION
Customers who meet the SCE Pre-Owned EV Rebate program requirements and are income-qualified may also be eligible for the Rebate Plus option which offers $4,000. However, if someone else claims you as a dependent (for federal income tax purposes in the tax year your vehicle is purchased or leased) you are not eligible for the Rebate Plus option, regardless of your own income. In addition, if your vehicle is registered to a trust, you are not eligible for the Rebate Plus option.
If you meet all other program requirements and qualify under Eligibility Scenario 1 or Scenario 2 below, you may be eligible for the Rebate Plus option. If you apply on or after December 2, 2021 and receive a rebate for the standard option, you may not apply again later for the amount of the difference between the Standard option and the Rebate Plus option, regardless of your income qualifications at the time of (or after) your original application.
Eligibility Scenario 1: Enrollment in a Qualified Public Assistance Program
You may qualify for the Rebate Plus option if you participated in, and can provide proof of, enrollment for at least one of these public assistance programs on the date you purchase or lease your vehicle:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- CalFresh/SNAP (food stamps)
- CalWorks (TANF)/Tribal TANF
- Head Start Income Eligible (tribal only)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Medi-Cal (income-qualified Medi-Cal only)
- Medi-Cal for Families (Healthy Families A&B)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
To qualify, the applicant’s name must match that of the participant enrolled in the eligible public assistance program.
Eligibility Scenario 2: Income Verification
If you and your household meet the annual gross income limits for your household size and the county in SCE’s service territory where you lived when you purchased or leased your vehicle, you may qualify for the Rebate Plus option:
- Household size includes the taxpayer(s) and any individuals who are claimed as dependents on one federal income tax return. A tax household may include a spouse and/or dependents. Individuals who reside at the service address but who are not listed on the applicant’s filed tax return will not be included in the “household size” for rebate purposes.
- Household income includes the gross income of both taxable and non-taxable income sources. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: Wages, unemployment, workers' compensation, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, public assistance, veterans' payments, survivor benefits, pension or retirement income, interest, dividends, rents, royalties, income from estates, trusts, educational assistance, alimony, child support, assistance from outside the household, and other miscellaneous sources.
Household Income Limit Table
For vehicles purchased or leased on or after July 1st, 2022, enter your ZIP code below to see the program income limits for your household size.